The Coptic Martyrs of Libya: The Sayings of the Martyrs’ Families




Translated from the Arabic https://www.facebook.com/elkalamda7a2i2i/videos/1106228439428035/

Mother of Malak Ibrahim Samir

“We were asking God to strengthen their faith.”
“I am happy that He was martyred for the Name of Christ.”
“We did not dream that would have a martyr in heaven.”
“Do you think that if God did not send His peace, or calmness in our heart, or comforted us by His words in the Bible would we have lived live till now?”
“Christ was lighting for them heaven.”

The wife of Malak Ibrahim Samir:

“First of all I thank God that while they were martyred they were pronouncing the Name of Jesus Christ. This is the first thing that comforted us. The second thing comforted us is that they went to the place they deserve to go. Our Lord Christ promised us that He will prepare a place for us in heaven, He prepared a place for them in the paradise, because they died in His name, they did not deny His name. There is a beautiful verse in the Bible that says, He who denies me before men, I will deny him before [my Father in Heaven], they did not deny Him of course, thank God, so He prepared for them a place in Heaven. This comforted me. I saw the video from its beginning to till its end, and I was not shaken. Because God is supporting them, comforting them when they were afraid, but they outweighed the people who are holding them, no one is was shaking, or afraid, or trembling unless God is with them, unless they see God. Is it possible that someone is standing firm and he sees someone is holding a knife for him and he know that he is going to be slain is not shaking unless he sees God in front of him?”
“I was afraid that my husband was not one of the 21 martyrs, if he denied the name of Christ to come back to me and my son, I do not want him.”
“There was a beautiful story of Love between us, he saw my son twice, or three times, his son is two years old now. He left me a beautiful fruit, Filopater.”

Father of Malak Ibrahim Samir

“I am very proud of my son, I thank Da3esh for doing that, may God enlighten for them the true way, but we are not cursing them, or upset with them, or asking for curses on them, instead we are thanking them.”

“We are just upset as we are going to miss him.”

Mother of Kirollos Boshra: “I am saying may God forgive you, may God touch your heart, and enlighten your hearts, to not allow that Da3esh will go to bad place, so they do not go to bad place, in the bosom of God it is a beautiful place. Thank God.”


Interview with the family of

 With English subtitles
Eassam Baddar Samir
Luka Nagaty Anis
Abanub Ayad Atiya
Kirollos Boshra Fawzy
Bishoy and Samuel Astafanous Kamel
Samuel Alham Wilson
Ezzat Boshra Naseef
Gaber Mounir Adly
Gerges Milad Sinyout and Malak Ibrahim Sinyout
Milad Makeen Zaky
Sameh Salah Farouk
Maged Soliman Shehata
Youssef Shukry Younan
Hany Abdel Mesih Salib
Mina Fayez Aziz
Gerges Samir Megally
Malak Farag Abrahim
Tawadros (Tadros) Youssef Tawadros



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The themes of Sunday Liturgical Readings in the Coptic Orthodox Church

The Biblical Background to the kneeling prayer which is prayed today on the Feast of Pentecost

Excerpts from St. Cyril of Alexandria commentary on The Book of Jonah