Coptic Community reaction to Tanta and Alexandria events.

Lesson we learn
1-   Deacons in the Church of St. George in Tanta were praying the Liturgy of the Word in the feast of Palm Sunday. They were saying the hymns of Εγλοςιμενοσ, you can find the words for this hymn here http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?msg=&a=view&id=142 they were praying the part which says Hosanna to the King of Israel; and then they continued the hymn in heaven. Here is the last seen before explosion happens , no worry no graphic scenes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPKFyNtLJk
2-   Our Coptic Orthodox Church, lives the Pascha week as Egeria explained by the end of the fourth century, so after Palm Sunday we have the Pscha hours of the eve of Monday. This was the turn out in one of the churches (Thanks to Caroline Moawad for the pictures)




3-   Is it an image of people who hate life, the above Church is located in an area where people are highly educated and have prosperous jobs. What you see is simple “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” Philippians 1:21. This reminds me with What St. Justin the martyr said in his first apology, that these people are not fearing death.
4-   His Holliness Pope Tawadross put for us example, instead of receiving congratulations on the day of the feast of Resurrection, he went to visit the families of the martyrs (pictures from US-International Coptic Media Center's post.)





Visiting Tanta families 


Visiting the sick and the orphans in the day of the feast is sharing with our Lord as He said “[35] for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 
[36] I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 
[37] Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 
[38] And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 
[39] And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' 
[40] And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.' Matthew 25.
5-   During the Pascha week services, I was so touched when a girl in high school, asked me if she can give me some money for the families of the martyrs. I was so moved by her feeling the One Body, “[26] If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together. “ I Corinthians 12. This sense of responsibility is what we need to put in the hearts of our children.

- -The Church planned to pray the liturgy of the feast in the hospitals where the injuried out of these events are residing. 
From http://www.youm7.com/story/2017/4/16/%D8%B5%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B4%D8%B1-%D8%B5%D9%88%D8%B1%D8%A7-%D9%84%D9%82%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B3-%D8%B9%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A9-%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%89-%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%AC%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%B7%D9%86%D8%B7%D8%A7/3192221








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The themes of Sunday Liturgical Readings in the Coptic Orthodox Church

The Biblical Background to the kneeling prayer which is prayed today on the Feast of Pentecost

Excerpts from St. Cyril of Alexandria commentary on The Book of Jonah