I will not open to you Part 2/3


“I will not open up to you as I am satisfied with my life like this, without your advice.”
Part 2
My beloved, I say to you, how do you measure your satisfaction? Is it momentary or is it something that can secure a good future for you? Is it “just live your life now and do not worry about tomorrow”? What kind of satisfaction are you referring to?
“Okay Father, do you believe that I can enjoy a harsh life of prayers, fasting and repentance? This is a huge burden for me, and now I am happy without you.”
My beloved, or my happiness in Christ as St. Seraphim of Sarov used to call the people, it is a harsh not lovely life, I cannot deny this – but only if you try to do it on your own. But this is not the truth, do not fool yourself. Without God’s Grace we cannot love what we are doing. Do you want to tell me that the youth who are living among us and who overcome temptations  do it out of force? No, they definitely do it out of love.
So the key is in God’s Grace if you want it, ask Him to give it to you.
“Yes father, but I enjoy living with temptation and following my desires.”
I agree my happiness, but you will never feel full, you will always be hungry and thirsty. St. Augustine said when he came back to God, “I found myself sitting on the pinnacle of the world when I knew Him, as the world became little beside this great divine Love.”  “Come now, and let us reason together, Says the Lord, Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool” Isaiah 1:18.
Open up to me so we can reveal God’s grace to you which is renewed every morning “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. ‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul, ‘Therefore I hope in Him!’” (Lamentations) 3:22-24.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The themes of Sunday Liturgical Readings in the Coptic Orthodox Church

The Biblical Background to the kneeling prayer which is prayed today on the Feast of Pentecost

The real spiritual struggle is to spend time with God in your room.