To those who refuse to meet me, part 1/3

To my sisters and brothers who refuse to meet me, part 1

I knocked your door and waited for you to come out so we can sit together, but you did not open to me. I heard your cough and you heard my voice so our voices met but our faces did not. I was praying deeply to meet you. I knew what was on your mind: "Here this black dressed priest came back. He's going to ask why I didn't come to church, why I didn't come to Sunday School, why I didn't confess. I am just satisfied the way I am man, leave me alone. I don't want to see you."

Oh... I will never ask you questions my sister or brother. I will listen to you. I am following the words of my master St. John Chrysostom, who said, "Who would leave a bag of diamonds in the street -- how about the soul of your brother and sister? It is more precious than a bag of diamonds." That is why I am knocking at your door. Not to "blame and shame" you, as my professor Olga at the Coady Institute taught me, but I  am here to tell you that you are so precious.Believe me if I do not want your well being I would not wait for you to see me.

I will leave you alone now, but this is not the end. I will never stop mentioning you with tears in my prayers and in every liturgy I am attending, hoping that peace be with you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The themes of Sunday Liturgical Readings in the Coptic Orthodox Church

The Biblical Background to the kneeling prayer which is prayed today on the Feast of Pentecost

The real spiritual struggle is to spend time with God in your room.