R U following me or following HIM?


R U following me or following HIM?

I see many of us these days running after famous persons, priests and bishops, etc. This reminds me of John chapter 6:51, when Jesus talked about His body and Blood not in a representative form but in reality: “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” We read in the same chapter that “From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more,” as they said,“This is a hard saying; who can understand it?” (John 6:60). 

Are you following the person, or Christ who is in the person? How much time you spend, my beloved, running after this person, listening to him or her, following from place to place, organize your day around this person, regardless of whether  you have time to sit in your room and talk to Christ, who is in that person and who is in you too? Faithful is our blessed St. Paul when he said, “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart (that is, the word of faith which we preach)” (Romans 10:8). The faith IN YOU my beloved is what is required to WORK IMMEDIATELY. You do not need to find it in anyone else.

Believe me if you follow a famous person just to maintain a position in life as being the disciple of this person or you use it as a title, "I was with this person," I have a question for you. Weren’t those disciples who went back and left Jesus called “disciples” too? Wasn’t Judas a disciple?

My Beloved friend, Jesus is working in this person you are following. Ask Him to give you the power to start from your inner room to be like this person, instead of just following them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The themes of Sunday Liturgical Readings in the Coptic Orthodox Church

The Biblical Background to the kneeling prayer which is prayed today on the Feast of Pentecost

The real spiritual struggle is to spend time with God in your room.